Thursday 2 September 2010

Van the man...

In the last Euro's Martha, my daughter, kept getting
lots and lots of Van der Vaart Panini stickers. For some
reason she found, and indeed still does, humour value
in the name...Now I know very little about the dark
art of buying footballers, however I would expect it
to entail a little bit more than a phone call from the
Chairman at 16:00, to say that so-and -so is for
sale at so much. In my mind I have an image of Kev,
Jo and H standing around at the training ground. H
has just removed the alloys from his BMW, whilst
shuffling a pack of playing cards for another hand
of gin rummy...(Wheeler, dealer?) "You've got who?
For how much? Yeah alright we'll have im. Oh any
news on Ryan Babel?"
Our actions in the transfer market seem to reflect
our actions as a club. No clear plan, no style...

No comments:

Post a Comment