Sunday 11 April 2010

Twin towers


'No player,manager,director or fan who understands
football,either through his intellect or his nerve ends,
ever repeats that piece of nonsense trotted out mind-
lessly by the fearful every now and again which pleads:
'After all, it's only a game.' Sadly, not my words but
those of Arthur Hopcraft in his splendid book, written
in the late sixties, 'The Football Man'...These words will
be ringing round my brain this afternoon on my way
up to Wemberlee, wemberlee. If they are not in your
brain then you should not be going!
I think that it will be a real classic for the neutral, and
bearing in mind the fact that we have drawn 3 times in
this cup run already, I see a high scoring game going to
extra time, with us just nicking it...
COYS...

No comments:

Post a Comment